Strong believers in conscientious capitalism, they wanted to create an earth-friendly sustainable business model while helping others. After much hard work what emerged was the Reuseaworld group: an award-winning, ethical, environmentally-friendly and technology-savvy enterprise that uses the internet to sell second-hand books worldwide.
Based near Stroud in the Cotswolds, Reuseabook:
- provides an excellent service to a wide range of UK charities
- saves 2000 tonnes of carbon every year and
- has created full-time jobs for 25 local people who really need the work
Under the umbrella of Reuseaworld, two new B2B service brands have been launched to compliment the core offering:
- Ship Forward, a business-to-business provider set up to provide shipping, and fulfilment services to other retail businesses in Gloucestershire, enabling them to benefit from Reuseabook’s knowledge and scale, while saving them money
- Ethical Inserts, is a direct marketing brand which acts on behalf of other businesses with ethics to get their messages across to consumers in a way that captures attention. Flyers made out of recycled paper to help other business and charities, like the Ape Alliance, promoting what they do
It’s all about the people at Reuseabook. From the ones who run the business to the ones who collect, sort, scan, pick and pack the books, and those who ensure all our charity shops and customers are happy.
Ami Baker – Managing Director
Ami Baker (MA Oxon) has over 16 years’ experience in the financial sector and small business arena. She has been involved in four businesses at the most senior level including five years as Managing Director of a corporate finance company and two years as Board Director for a DNA forensics company, most recently acting as Interim CEO for the CFMS, a not-for-profit organisation to promote modelling, simulation and supercomputing set-up by Rolls-Royce, Airbus and the EU. Ami began her career as a Research Analyst for a London venture capitalist, Capricorn Ventures, where she enjoyed working during the dotcom boom.
Rob Hollier – Commercial Director
Rob has extensive experience in both buying and sales in the agri-food industry. As Procurement Manager for World Flowers he managed multiple accounts for the top five UK supermarkets. As Area Category Sales Manager for Brake Bros he was specifically recruited to create new revenue streams and exceeded targets of £500K sales in the first twelve months. Rob has also a track record in entrepreneurialism having founded Local Food Direct Ltd; an online home delivery service with 750+ products sourced as locally and ethically as possible.
WORKING FOR REUSEABOOK
Mark is typical of someone who works for Reuseabook in our Brimscombe warehouse near Stroud in Gloucestershire.
Mark Hughes – Picking & Packing
Mark joined Reuseabook in September 2013. He’s a devoted single dad to May, so especially enjoys the family-friendly flexibility of working at Reuseabook. Mark used to be a top chef working for the likes of Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc. In his spare time he tests games at pre-release stage for PlayStation so he gets lots of fab freebies and even gets invited to top launch parties in London. Mark especially enjoys the camaraderie at Reuseabook – which is much calmer than the volatile kitchens he used to work in!
If you would like to work at Reuseabook like Mark, then please get in touch. You don’t have to love books or the environment, but it helps!